Pages

Friday 25 January 2013

Butter London- Knackered

Hi everyone!

I thought I would show you guys this nail varnish I bought a while back from Butter London, this is the nail varnish which made me want to try their range as I had never heard of them before. For people who have never heard of Butter London they passionate about their products being 3 free, which means free from Formaldehyde, Toluene and DBP. Their nail varnishes are beautifully packaged in glass bottles with a black lid which is actually just a cap the real part you open is underneath. I love the high end look to these bottles as well as the vintage rock and roll design.

The colours you can get from Butter London are very unique to them, I have never saw a nail varnish like them before. I have two colours in my collection so far, the one pictured below Knackered and the other is Yummy Mummy which is like a neutral beige with a silver shimmer, its their number one seller so I had to give it a try!.

Knackered is a beautiful nail varnish, it was so hard to try and take a decent photo to show you guys the look of this polish. Its like a light purple colour in one light which will change between a green/ silver but then running through the nail polish is lots and lots of rainbow shimmer. I tried to capture the shimmer in the photo below.

Available at:

To get the look of the photo above I used my base coat (Star Nails) and applied 3 coats of Knackered. I was a little bit disappointed about how many coats I had to do to make it a solid colour but I was in awe by the colours and rainbow shimmer effect that I wasn't too bothered. The nail varnish dried pretty quickly by the time I had finished one coat I could do another.I did not put a top coat on this as I thought it would have spoiled the effect of the polish, its quite a matt looking polish but all in all its one of my favorites. Its not cheap at £12 a bottle.



Let me know what you think of this nail polish, have you tried any other Butter London polishes? x




4 comments:

  1. ooo 've never tried these before, but they look amazing! I love this colour, gorgeous! thanks for sharing :D

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like the look of it, they have loads of amazing colours! I have my eye on a few new ones. :D

      Delete
  2. I love Disco Biscuit its my favourite from Butter London it takes 3 coats but its stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a lovely colour! Its such a shame it takes 3 coats but the colours are so unique I love them xx

      Delete